I am a seasoned social media crisis communication expert and social media strategist offering the following services:
Social Media Communication Strategy
Social Media Strategy Facilitation
Social Media Crisis Communication Plans and Coordination
Content Management and Creation
What exactly does “Crisis Communication” mean? I help companies, non profits, and individuals formulate social media communication plans for when something crazy happens – either online – or in the real world. We determine who will be the point person for information, how to make sure the media gets the correct information as soon as possible, and how to negotiate the online world when all eyes are on you. I do that either by helping develop an actual document, OR by speaking to groups about how to think about what to do if that situation happens.
Why am I uniquely qualified for that? I’ve been in the middle of numerous social media crisis events (both good and bad, and both personal and business). I’ve had a photo go “viral” (at one point it was called the most viral photo of all time). People showed up at my house, my email inbox exploded, and my Facebook became nearly unmanageable. Shortly after that, my husband passed away unexpectedly, and that turned into it’s own viral social media crisis. I took notes, lots of notes,on all of what happened, and now I help others navigate the craziness of personal and business social media crises. Check out the TEDx talk I did on it all here: Social Media & Empathy
How will I help you?
- I’ll give the people in your organization the tools to present themselves, and your organization, in the best possible light online. My seminars for influencers, pro staff, & employees teach key individuals how to best respond to clients, friends, fans, and the media effectively and on message when chaos happens.
- I create social media strategy plans that help your organization tell the story that means the most to you. Telling these stories will help you engage your ideal clients, customers, and donors.
- Social Media Crisis Communication Plan Development – Have a plan in place before a viral event or emergency happens. How will you communicate with clients and volunteers? Who will be the point person for correct information and media inquiries?
- Acute Situation Coordination – In the midst of chaos? I have been there (a few times). I can help get you through it with grace and integrity.
- Loss and Grief Social Media Management – Short & Long Term. Has a key person in your organization passed away or become ill? I can create and implement a plan to keep your clientele and fans informed.
I’d love to talk to you about speaking to your organization, or helping you formulate a plan of action. I am available via phone (608-358-7229) or email – firstname.lastname@example.org.